Tuesday 28 January 2014

Day 28 – 365 Days of Photography

1-28-2014


I headed into our capital city, Port of Spain to meet with friends who are visiting from overseas for a wedding.  There were so many beautiful sceneries and opportunities for photography on the way and whilst there.  I even captured some street shots.  We visited a local shop that imported art work from various African countries.  There are many places for African art, but I had not seen it in this quantity and quality here in Trinidad.  This was three buildings full of artwork, from Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Egypt, just to name a few.  All different forms from musical instruments to dining room sets, to tea sets, to calabash lamps, to bowls, cutlery, jewelry, hand bags, spears, daggers, wood carvings, elephant husk carvings, cow horn carvings, bone carvings, fabric, so many things, that I cannot recall all of it.  Many pieces I captured stood out to me. However, I have always loved room dividers and I am in awe of the Asian dividers but this African divider took my breath away.





Email contact: upborel@gmail.com


© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment