Sunday 26 January 2014

Day 26 – 365 Days of Photography

1-26-2014


Simply put, it’s my neighborhood, viewed from my front upstairs porch.  It is just after 6pm, when it’s not really dark yet, but the street lights have come on and the cars legally have to turn their lights on.  I used a slow shutter speed and closed aperture.  I like the results, hopefully you do too, and I still got my red from the passing cars. 

Union Hall, San Fernando




Email contact: upborel@gmail.com


© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited. 

5 comments:

  1. Richard Sayer ace
    I love night-time shots Odette and this is a good one. Just an observation, if I may: the photo is spoiled slightly by the sloping verticals which you can easily correct, either in camera or afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie ace
    Very cool light trails! I would try this again just a smidge later to avoid the house getting quite so blown out (bright).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn
    Very good night shop, but agree with Richard about the straightening, but Odette, you are right too, some things just won't straighten, cause then something else will be out of kilter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew S ace
    The overblown light on the house can be easily fixed in Lightroom as well, using the adjustment brush and using the exposure slider. It's still a nice image (I have a soft spot for long exposures) and gives us all a good idea of the neighbourhood you live in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Islandgirl ace
    This evening shot has a lot of warmth to it, looks quite inviting especially to someone with 3 feet of snow in their yard, and it reminds me of Bermuda. ( A pleasant memory)

    ReplyDelete