Saturday 11 January 2014

Day 11 – 365 Days of Photography

1-11-2014


I woke up early this morning and mounted my tripod and gear to take the sun rising off of my upstairs veranda.  I captured numerous shots of the mundane and several birds that were making noise on the telephone / electricity cables.  I took shots of street lights and other miscellaneous things, still thinking, that I have not yet captured the image that I want.  I drove out to drop my mother off, with my gear in hand, just in case I came across an opportunity to present a wonderful rendering of a vista.  I realize now, that although I may capture many shots for the day, many worthy of printing and placing in an album, not all of them would make it to my ‘365’ wall.  I wanted something to represent me.  Something that captivated and captured my personality in essence I wanted to be able to look back and reflect on where I was at that particular moment in time.  I pressed the electronic gate button and the gate rolled open, I drove back into my yard and disembarked from the car.  I asked my son to remove my camera backpack from the back seat where it lay next to him.  My daughter pointed out a few birds that were on the fence of the back yard.  I mounted my 250mm lens and creeped up to get a better shot.  I fired off several ‘shuttering’ snaps.  White bellied birds, yellow bellied birds, black birds, noisily tweeting on the fence.  We entered our home, me still not feeling as though I had what I wanted.  My children went and got their homework to complete and I went to peruse the internet.   They were finished with homework and went downstairs, I heard a tinkering, a strumming, a melody so sweet.  I grabbed my camera and thought what better way to capture the day than to take the two absolute delights of my life rendering, and serenading me.

I present to you Sherrayne and Kristian

This was a quick capture to not disturb them in song, and so that they would not look up at me, I wanted a dreamy feel and I hope my expression/emotion is depicted in the rendering of the image captured.




Email contact: upborel@gmail.com


© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited. 

2 comments:

  1. Carolyn
    Wonderful candid shot! I love the story too. You know the picture is right, when it comes to you in a moment of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel
    Love this composition. It looks happy too :-)

    ReplyDelete