Friday 10 January 2014

Day 10 – 365 Days of Photography

1-10-2014


My intentions were to capture some outdoor images, but then as I set out this morning, down came the rain.   Well then I thought maybe I should go home and setup a still.  What came to mind next was the beauty of wet grass and lush greens, so I set out for the neighborhood park.  This park is full of foliage, resident to many native trees such as the poui, immortelle and saman.  I stooped and I looked up and I did a three hundred and sixty degree dance.   Any on looker would’ve thought that I had certainly gone off of my rockers.  I took shots of any and everything, seeing beauty in the mundane.

So many images, so many captures, as I snap some are taking me into the land of fairy tales, a tale of the chronicles of a vista.  What a splendid view.  I have settled my mind on an image that is not indigenous to the Caribbean, the image that is, the tree is definitely one of our local trees.   I have yet to come across the exact name of this species.  It is huge, lush, green and invites many parasites and flowers to make home in its branches.  There is so much foliage nesting in the tree that it is hard to decipher which leaves actually belong to this trunk.   The roots are above ground at the base of the trunk before stretching for feet and burying themselves into the earth.

Water and the light from the sun, now coming up in the sky, in its morning twinkling twilight, and it leaps across the scene of my roots.

Lush and green……….roots!


Location: The Hollows, Palmiste, Trinidad and Tobago

Email contact: upborel@gmail.com


© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited. 

1 comment:

  1. Ann Stenson ace
    Love your work Odette.....Following back! :)

    ReplyDelete