Monday 17 March 2014

Day 76 – 365 Days of Photography

3-17-2014


So once again I bring you the ground dove.   I placed some food to attract the birds at the top of the concrete posts.  Well attract I surely did, I sat there for hours, chirp chirp, keek keek keek, tweet tweet, worrrr worrr worrr worrr.  They came, all different types resting on the electricity wires up top observing.  The only one brave enough to come down to the wall itself was the ground dove.

Not only did it come down, but it perched and posed and ruffled up its tail feathers for me.

Well I got hungry, so I went in to get something to eat.  Ah ha, now that’s why scarecrows work.  When I came back out to retrieve my phone that I had forgotten on my front porch, the bird food was gone.  As soon as I moved the swooped down and ate their tummies full.  I will have to plan differently next time.  Looks like I need to place the food and go lay down on the ground below the curtain.




Enjoy these shots.  Showing all of them on my blog.







Email contact: upborel@gmail.com


© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment