Tuesday 4 March 2014

Day 63 – 365 Days of Photography

3-4-2014


This is the last day of Carnival here in Trinidad and Tobago.  ‘Pretty Mas’, where the masqueraders dress in costume and take to the street and go over the stage at Queen’s Park Savannah to be judged in a contest of the bands. 

I am from south Trinidad, Clifton Hill, Point Fortin to be exact.  My husband is from Belmont, Port of Spain.  When we went into Port of Spain the Saturday prior, he met with several of his old school mates, and they suggested that we meet up with them on Tuesday to take in the bands.  We had no intentions prior to, to be in the streets come carnival Tuesday, but I welcomed the idea as it afforded me an opportunity to take some pictures of this festive occasion that only occurs once per year. 

The ‘liming’ (hanging out) spot was to be at the corner of Ariapita Avenue and Ana Street.  This, I later found out was a prime location as every band either came down Ana street or across Ariapita Avenue.   We saw several of the bands pass as we were there from 10 am through 7 pm.  Needless to say I was pooped from all the standing, dancing, shandy drinking and trying to wine down low like a young school girl.  LOL!






I will post all of the Carnival photos in an album labeled ‘Carnival 2014’ on my facebook page!  If we’re not already friends, go ahead and follow me.

https://www.facebook.com/Nordean.Canvas


Email contact: upborel@gmail.com


© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment