Wednesday 5 March 2014

Day 64 – 365 Days of Photography

3-5-2014


Today my brother Dean would’ve been 51 if he were still on this earth.  So today had a bit of melancholy for me.  This is not my best shot, but it marks an inner peace, a tranquility that I felt, looking out into the distance.  Staring into the vast open nothingness, but seeing promise of tomorrow, of things to come.

My husband and I took the drive down to Icacos, Trinidad to visit with my cousin, we, together with her went down pass her house, down this lonely dead end road and walked down on an uninhabited part of the beach.  There was absolutely no one there, which is rare on Ash Wednesday the day after carnival Tuesday.  Today is notorious of beach goers, and normally you cannot stick a pin on any of the nation’s beaches.

We later sat reminiscing of times spent with my brother and noted how much he was missed.

Peace, calm, serene, tranquil, is where I see my brother today, off floating in the heavens awaiting such a time as we are destined to meet again.  Gone to soon, loved, missed but never forgotten.  R.I.P. D.A.G.L.  3.5.63-10.20.2011




Email contact: upborel@gmail.com


© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment