Saturday 24 May 2014

Day 144 – 365 Days of Photography

5-24-2014

Today I realize that I will have to showcase more than one photograph.  So I will pick a main one for 365 and keep the others on my blog.  Ha, you’re in for a treat, as I am writing without yet viewing any of the images. 

A friend invited me to go with her to “Green Market”, in upper Santa Cruz. 
Green Market  - http://www.sanantoniogreenmarket.com/ Is a place for local vendors to showcase their food products and by products of food.  In addition there were some crafts people, items made out of wood, handmade jewelry, soaps and candles.

We left at 6am to embark on our journey.  As I sat and made myself comfortable in her car, she sprang on me that “you’re quite brave, because I do not know where we are going, but we will find it”.  I smiled and thought – ‘adventure’.  Waze to the rescue, coupled with a data plan that allowed google searching of the address which we sought.  We made it to our destination without any hiccups.  We walked from stall to stall, visiting the different vendors; my friend was in search of a particular item that she had heard of.   I was interested in tasting the pineapple products to compare with the ones that we make for viability.

There was cane juice, coconut oil, honey, wheat grass, fresh fish, rabbit meat, produce, arepas, empanadas, locally made chocolates, fudge, jams, chutneys, coffee, burgers, fried bake with an assortment of fillings, mulch, top soil and manure for sale.   There was a massage shop and an aquaponic booth as well.  It was interesting walking around and chatting with the various vendors.

The candles smelt so good, I wished I could have them all.  This mom (at candle stall) was introducing the value of entrepreneurship to her children and they, brother and sister were doing a good job at it.  Very pleasant, personable and well mannered, they added a touch of smile to it as well, which glorified the experience.  We left ‘Green Market’ with an assortment of products.

We then made our way to Santa Cruz Farms.  There I saw a delightful display of flowers and fauna.  My friend bought some herbs for her home garden.

Then we traversed to Maraval, which was less than ten (10) minutes away via the Maracas route.  We visited a couple gourmet shops and procured some locally made sausages and tasted locally made chocolates.

We then backtracked our way to my house, and sat and tasted the assortment of fudge that was purchased and oooooo’d and aaaaah’d about our day.  Now my husband and children got to hear of our escapades whilst they too feasted on our spoils. 

All Saturdays are glorious here on the island.





More shots from today, showcasing the vendors at the green market and the other places and products we sampled and saw today.































© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited

No comments:

Post a Comment