Sunday 11 May 2014

Day 131 – 365 Days of Photography

5-11-2014


Today is mother’s day here in Trinidad and Tobago and in honor of my mother, this is a throwback picture that I saved for this day, taken earlier this week from the veranda of one of the homes she grew up in.  Location Fullerton, Cedros.  As a child I visited many a family member here and have fond memories of interaction with all my cousins, aunts and uncles.  My mother has 16 siblings, two of which are from her dad solely, but the other 14 are from her mother.  My mother spent her youthful days in Fullerton Village of Cedros, Biche and St. Joseph Maracas.  After marrying and having her first child she moved from Cedros to Point Fortin.  I am happy that I am blessed enough to still have my mother here on earth with me.  With me she is, as I also have her residing with me.  As a child you don’t always agree with your parents, and as a parent, I don’t always agree with my children, but love her, I do, as I too do love my children.  I appreciate her for who she is and what she has sacrificed for the goodness of our family.  She is the pillar of our family structure and I salute her today and always…

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mom’s, God’s richest blessings upon you always!






© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited

No comments:

Post a Comment