Friday 23 May 2014

Day 143 – 365 Days of Photography

5-23-2014


There is something about the tranquility in viewing rambling hills, mountain tops, water, and sky.  It’s as though there is a peace that beckons us to it.  Maybe the precedent was set in movies of old like ‘The sound of Music’ or ‘Little house on the Prairie’, but whatever it is, it calls to my inner being.   I see meadows and fields and think of running down care free, wind blowing through my hair and maybe a summersault or two before getting to the bottom.  These thoughts are of course void of snakes and whatever other critters may be lurking out there.  This Friday was a nice sunny tropical day, driving through the country side of ‘Forest Park, Couva’.  I went there to our mechanic to have my brakes repaired and he took me through an alternate route to avoid traffic.  It was actually shorter and quicker than the one that I usually take, but to top it off it was WAY more scenic.  I couldn’t control myself in the car, and secretly wished that I wasn’t following someone, or depending on them for directions.  I wanted to stop and bask in the aura of the view.  So I slowed almost to a stop and pointed the camera out without looking through the viewfinder or pulling up a view on the screen of my camera, and snapped quickly before he wondered if something was wrong with me or my car, and then sped off to catch back up with him.  Of course the cars behind me probably thought that I was either drunk or lost.  This is just one of the images I captured and thankfully I had the circular polarizer on lens to capture that gorgeous sky.








© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited

No comments:

Post a Comment