Saturday 28 June 2014

Day 179 – 365 Days of Photography

6-28-2014


What a labour intense day.  We want to prepare our property to start building.  1st we needed to clear a few trees to grant access to the land.  My husband and I, along with my brother, my kids and one of my cousins went there and proceeded to cut down the trees that was blocking access.  Unfortunately all said trees were fruit trees, a pommerac, two mango trees, and two plum trees.  Neighbors rushed to get the cut branches of the plum tree as it was laden with produce and thus the right time for replanting.

The rain showed no mercy, although maybe I should rethink that statement, as the rain was indeed welcome to wash away the torrent of ants that was biting us every step we took.  However, we were drenched to the bone, making it difficult to use power tools and thus had us right back to old fashioned swinging of the blade.   We walked with enough cutlasses for everyone and even my eleven year old son got in on the action.  Sleep is surely going to be welcomed tonight. 

With all going on, I ensured to make it more eventful by toppling over in the big drain and hurting my left shoulder as well as having a tree trunk hit my left shin.  Achy and swollen, it gets no better than this.  Here we see my son passing branches that he cut for my daughter to stack, and my husband preparing it into smaller pieces for my son to handle.  I was dragging the cut limbs to that location for them to carry on.

The bags of green mango that we came home with will be in tomorrows stew.





© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited

No comments:

Post a Comment