Friday 6 June 2014

Day 157 – 365 Days of Photography

6-6-2014


The ring of the phone and the anxious awaiting of an answer from the other end is in itself nerve wracking, however what ensued today was more so.  I strummed my fingers on the steering wheel as the sound of the phone ringing piped through the speakers of my car.  “Hello”, I answered the customary rhetorical “hello”, silence on the other end.  I waited puzzled and said “hello Sherry”, no response….. My pitch raised “Sherry”, “This is not Sherry”, I looked at my phone, surely I did not dial the wrong number, it displayed my daughter’s name.  My heart skipped a beat “Who are you?” I asked, my voice now almost in a faint whisper.  “This is her friend, she forgot her phone at school and I took it up”. I thought, why did you do that?  She is still at school probably frantically looking for her phone. “I said, so where is she, and where are you?”

Long story short, chick took the phone and went on her merry way, so the evening was spent, after picking my daughter and son up, chasing down her friend who had her phone.  It ended in me calling my brother to intercept and receive in Princes Town before this girl took the phone out to the untraveled greeneries of Rio Claro, where the streets are unnamed and the houses unnumbered.

I guess my photo of the day should’ve been a picture of the phone, but instead, I sat gathering my flustered senses at my brother’s home and decided to take a stroll into his garden.










© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited

No comments:

Post a Comment