Saturday 12 April 2014

Day 102 – 365 Days of Photography

4-12-2014


The Mad Hatter’s Tea Party hosted by Saint Joseph’s Convent San Fernando's (Japanese Club), of which my daughter is a member.  The event was held at San Fernando hill, and the hill was closed off to the general public.  We parked at the bottom and were shuttled up to where the event was being held. 

She dressed as the “White Rabbit”, or should I say her version of it.  I purchased yards of cloth and she confused her grandmother (my mother) into sewing her this outfit which she designed to wear to the event.  It was red, white and black, I wonder if by coincidence she managed to use the colors of our national flag. "Shrug"!

The event was a success.  Of the many activities, the one of note for me was a powder tossing game, which consisted of tossing colored (powdered paint) into the air.  The children wore masks over their nostrils and white t-shirts.  Needless to say the shirts were no longer white when they were done.  

My daughter's school is an all girls school, however, invitations were extended to the male counterpart school (Presentation College, San Fernando).  They extended the invitation to us parents to partake in this particular event, and I must say I am happy that I didn't, your girl was wearing khaki and a khaki color linen top.........so not the business. LOL!

It was a fun day.






Some additional shots, some showcasing the beautiful view from atop this hill (San Fernando Hill)!






















Email contact: upborel@gmail.com


© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited. 

1 comment:

  1. The photos and commentary provided a front seat to the experience. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete