Sunday 17 August 2014

Day 229 – 365 Days of Photography

8-17-2014


I do not know if they are edible, so it’s going nowhere near my mouth.     The kids in Cedros used these to play cricket on the beach using this as their ball back in the day and they locally named it “gru gru nut”.  My mother says that it comes washing down with the river.  So it’s not grown on the beach like the popular cocoplum/hicaco/fat pork.  I didn’t feel the consistency but she says it is dry and hard.  After a shower of rain came down they looked deep purple and not as outwardly white as in the photograph.

They were stacked by my mother and kids on a ledge as she was explaining to them how she played with it as a child.






© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited

No comments:

Post a Comment