Friday 15 August 2014

Day 227 – 365 Days of Photography

8-15-2014


Trinidad, a country of diverse ethnicities, cultures, religion, a people, is evident by our landscape, architecture and demographic sceneries.  This is called Temple by the Sea.  This temple holds many funeral services for our Hindu community, but it also does weddings, puja ceremonies (gifting to the Gods) and other religious ceremonies.

My husband and I went to drop our Tahoe off by our mechanic who lives close to this vicinity.  After leaving the vehicle with the mechanic, we drove down to this location and I took a few shots quickly before a pending funeral.  These days I am truly in love with the sky.  I’ve been setting my camera to really capture the cloud cover and pull the depth of it out in the scene.  Enjoy!





Here are a few additional shots!



Port of Spain in the distance



The caretaker asked me to photograph this Murti as the top is 67 years old and the base 19 years old.






© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited


No comments:

Post a Comment