Thursday 6 February 2014

Day 37 – 365 Days of Photography


2-6-2014


‘♪♪♪♫♬  I don’t want to wait in vain for your love……♬♭♩’  

I am waiting again, this time at my son’s school, on Pouchet Street, San Fernando.  He attends the Seven Day Adventist (SDA) Primary School of San Fernando.  It is three in the afternoon and the bell has rung. Some children have left the school premises; they release the younger kids first.  I step out of my car and face the main cemetery in San Fernando, it’s closest to the Catholic Diocese.   I think I should really invest in something wide angle for these shots.  Making do with what I have.  Thought the image lent best to a black and white scene.  A few girls are seen walking away from me, with their guardian and are about to cross Rushworth Street.

Of note: Trinidad is made up of schools of several different religious denominations.  Children attend schools not based on their own religious beliefs, but more because of school performance and proximity.  Much like the Chartered schools in the United States.  Prayer is still a vital part of our school curriculum and so is religious knowledge.  Therefore, children get an understanding and appreciation of other religions because they are exposed to it through school.




Email contact: upborel@gmail.com


© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment