Wednesday 14 August 2013

To my brother



In my heart there plays a song
A melody, a rhythm unique
I hear it all day long
A tune to me so sweet
Of a life that was cut short
A loving man with honor and pride
We wonder why he had to go
His family left aside
I see him everywhere too
Even in everything I touch
I hear him in all I do
The aching still hurts so much
They say time heals it all
To me it's all a lie
I still often feel to bawl
But instead I simply cry
Why so soon he left our side
Why ours had to die
The question we all ask inside
With nothing left as our guide
Can they see us from afar
Do they know how we feel inside
Or are they busy doing God's work
Turmoil inside my mind
If only we had another day
Another month, year, life, time
What would we do or say
That could change the ends of time
God had his master plan
That alone gets us by
But even as we clasp our hands
Our own fate our own demise
It's on top our changing thoughts
Flowing rivers of our minds
We have to watch his children grow
Guidance now our command
What can we to them bestow
Outside of love which was already our stance
To sit by and watch them grow
Knowing he lost his chance
The hurt the pain it never ends
Even after years have gone by
In moments of no circumstance
We still break down and cry

--O. Lawrence
Aka NorDean Canvas


© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment