Wednesday 28 August 2013

Mi amor, mi papa! 12/6/1934-8/28/2011

To whom do I owe the pleasure?

As I travel along the highway
Reflecting on this day
Thinking of you and your smile
And the things you use to say
The things that made you laugh
Your abilities and your many crafts
And when I'd answer your quotes
How you laughed and called me daft
In my reflection I see your face
In my actions some of your ways
In my heart a permanent place
Your strength, and your bowlers pace
Today above all others
I think of you and my brothers
Thankful that I still have my mother
But for a father there is no other
Your teachings will always be
A formidable part of me
It has helped shape my destiny
I am thankful for my history
Oh daddy how I miss you
Do you see the things I do
The words you said 'I'm proud of you'
And most of all 'I love you'
These are the things I savor
As with your loss I labor
But in those words I found favor
Trying to keep it all together
My light my joy is in knowing
That to us you were never owing
Time nor mercies unspent
You did it all your life well spent.
So today as I travel down this road
In my heart lays a heavy load
I had to pen these words to you
Saying daddy, today I miss you!

-- O. Lawrence
Aka NorDean Canvas


© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  

No comments:

Post a Comment