Tuesday 2 July 2013

Birthday Greetings!




Well I would be remiss if I didn’t post something on this the day of my birth.  As long as I could remember people have expressed the things that they have learned through the years.  Looking back I am trying to separate what my mind thinks I knew all along with what I have acquired through the passage of time.  

I have learned that God’s plan is the only plan that will play out in life.

I have learned to be thankful, truly grateful for every gift, every fall, every stumble, every blessing presented.

I have learned to treasure life, my husband, children, siblings, parents and all of my family.

I have learned that patience only needs to be learned by those who do not express the want to wait.  

I have learned that advice from someone who has not attained your dream or ‘walked the walk’ is useless.

I have learned that quiet time is void when you have children.

I have learned that faith is rooted in your belief, and your faith goes hand in hand with your patience.

I have learned that respect of self, parents and others comes mostly by the knowledge of how one wants to be treated.

I have learned that there is a mirror effect in giving.

I have learned that those to whom one gives and shares are often not the reciprocators of such transactions and the least likely individuals show more appreciation than expected.

I have learned that my family is not jealous or greedy.

I have learned that when faced with adversity, although my chest heaves, my inner being is strong.

I have learned that there are people that you can count on.  You just have to know how to choose your friends.

I have learned that loving people is easier than hating them.

I have learned that face value, first impressions, are valuable insights into personalities presented.

I have learned to be quiet and observe.

I have learned that not everyone has your best interest at heart, even though their mouths may say so, their mind is on a different wave length.

I have learned that my mood is a direct result of the actions of my loved ones.

I have learned that my unequivocal devotion to others will not be reciprocated.

I have learned that God wants me to love the people that hate me the most and to show them kindness.

I have learned that oral expressions must be followed by showing actions.

I have learned that giving of your time and talents are a greater asset most times than just giving of your treasures.

I have learned that my threshold for nonsense has not improved, I am just less vocal about it.

I have learned to avoid hateful acts or people as they are vexations to the spirit, and I can pray for them and love them from afar.

I have learned my power, my strength, and my purpose.

I have learned that the things that I hold important are not equally important to those I care the most about.

Today is a day of reflection.  Looking at how I’ve lived and thinking of the things that I want to do, developing a bucket list on life.  Reality can be a harsh eye opener, but we can take simple lessons and move forward, stronger, more equipped, more adept and wiser.  Setting plans in motion, can propel us one step closer to where we would like to be.  Are the plans a reality?  Do they line up with God’s plans? Questions we must ascertain. 

Today I am but a year older, a tad bit wiser, a simple mind with complex thoughts, a believer in good, a lover of life, a grateful spirit, a bright light, and I am all of these because of the family I was born into, the people I have met along the way, the friends that have encouraged and nurtured me, and last but not least my belief in God.

So today I bless you all, because you have blessed me with your presence, with your lessons, with your love. from my heart to yours.

Enjoy my day with me, have a wonderful day!


© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  

No comments:

Post a Comment