Thursday 23 May 2013

My writings!!

I also from time to time, write.  Sometimes poetry, sometimes spoken word, sometimes short stories.  Here is one that I did in the past.




Objectively

Randomly I come across all sorts as I travel across my course,
but it isn't because of my course of course,
but BECAUSE of my course
that I want to view it all objectively. 
I peer into the eyes of many as the eyes translucent and free
show me
the very flicker of light in their souls
age defiant but not defined as society tries to place a level of normalcy
on things and people without knowing the depth of their being or course travelled. 
Time they will not spend because without end they believe the digital clock
will not tick audibly
but because the clock is digital does not mean that it does not tick,
the seamless mechanism not mechanic
is still counting down the seconds with the same precision
of the hands of old. The hands of old that baked bread from scratch,
and picked herbs to heal sicknesses and we wonder why the
sicknesses of today are not going away
when we declare that the hands today are new
and forget the hands of old as they today
do not honor the hands of old that nurtured them,
they do not honor the God that gave them breadth
and place their faith in materiality, money, music and media. 
I see so clearly as I randomly peer through the eyes of many
I see that any and all thoughts have travelled a course,
a course set by the journey of the vessel in which this sight
that I peer into is housed, losing all objectivity
but instead looking for a repetition of pages,
looking for sameness of sceneries,
for a glimmer of travelled courses
previously encountered. 
As I myself travel over land and sea,
I see objectively that this too is me.

--Odette M. Lawrence 

© 2013, Odette M. Lawrence and NorDean Canvas. All rights reserved. The use and/or duplication of this material without the express and written permission of this blog’s author and/or owner are unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  

No comments:

Post a Comment